Depending on the lecturer and the topic - for example, Leadership will be taught differently than Production Planning. Traditional classroom lectures are augmented with case studies, group work, role play, videos, and simulation games. Pre-readings are offered as preparation for the classes. Company visits, guest speakers (VIP Talks), and study trips to Japan, China, Russia and the USA round up the variety of instructional methods.
This depends on the person studying. For example, those with a finance background will probably need less time to prepare and do the assignments for the finance modules. On average, our participants report spending 8 hours a week studying outside the class.
Most participants continue to work 100% in their regular job. Their companies support them to take the required 2-4 days off per month to attend classes on campus. Working full-time while studying means that you have to go through pre-readings and complete assignments at home during the week.
||Start of lectures
||End of lectures
4 Days (Thu-Sun)
||Start of lectures
||End of lectures
VIP talks are scheduled after regular classes and end at 21:00.
At the end of most modules, you have to take a written test or a graded case study.
No, we do not offer any distance learning course nor a possibility to attend a single module.
You cannot transfer credits from other schools. In order to graduate from the program, you will need to complete all the modules at MBA ETH SCM.
- Academic requirements: Master degree or Bachelor degree or equivalent with excellent grade and additional qualifications
- Work experience: minimum 5 years Language: proficient in business English*
*GMAT or any English test is not required. We will assess your English skills in the interview.
We will invite you for an assessment interview within 2 weeks after you submit your online application. Usually, you will receive an admissions letter within 2 weeks of passing the assessment interview. Note that this is an estimated timeline, and subject to change. Please see the details of our admissions process here
In special cases, for example, when candidates cannot come to Switzerland on the scheduled date, we conduct the interviews via Skype.
Each applicant is interviewed by a panel of academic and administrative representatives of the ETH. The purpose of the assessment interviews is to get to know you in person. We have already received your application form, but the interview gives you a chance to present your academic background, professional experience, and your motivations in your own words. It will last 40 minutes to one hour, and will be conducted in English.
See the next assessment dates here
The documents required in order to complete your application, are:
- Officially verified copies of your final degree certificate and the transcript of your university (the verfication can be done by a notary or by the Centre of Continuing Education)
- Additional certificates (inter-companies or external courses, if any)
- An officially verified translation of these documents in German, French, Italian or English if the original documents are not written in one of these languages.
- References of your working experiences (you may send us the interim letter/recommendation letter from the last 2-3 companies you worked for, as well as from your current employer. In case you work in a country that does not provide such document, let us know.)
- Swiss citizens: copy of your „Schriftenempfangsschein“, „Niederlassungsausweis“ or „Meldebestätigung
- Foreigners living in Switzerland: copy of your birth certificate and copy of your residence permit
- Foreigners living outside Switzerland: Copy of your birth certificate
- Professional CV
At the end of the online application procedure, you will be asked to send a signed copy of your appplication together with all your verified documents to the Center of Continuing Education.
- Please note that a tourist visa may not be converted into a residence permit once you have entered Switzerland. You must arrange for your residence permit before you settle in the country.
- If you live outside of the Schengen area, and won’t live in Switzerland during the course of your studies, you may apply for a business multiple entry visa. Please consult the Swiss embassy in your country for more information about this option.
- With a student visa, you are not permitted to work for more than 15 hours a week.
- A student visa does not allow you to bring your family into Switzerland.
- Visa processing can take a long time, and last up to 5 months. We therefore strongly encourage you to apply for your papers well in advance to avoid any delay in joining your class.
- More information about student visas and residence permits are available here
The tuition is broken down into several components. A non-refundable pre-payment of CHF 10,000 will be required to guarantee your seat in the next class. This deposit counts towards the rest of your tuition, which should be paid in two installments of CHF 22,500 and CHF 32,500 respectively.
For the payment terms go here
This will depend on your specific needs, personal travelling standards, and geographical location. All participants will need approx. CHF 5,000 for their flights (study trips to Asia, Russia and the USA), meals and visa fees. In addition to this, if you do not live near the Zurich campus, you will need to arrange travel and accommodation during the regular classes at ETH.
As a graduate, ETH-Alumni Association is open to all ETH graduates. All graduates of the Executive MBA program are invited to join the alumni organization "ETH Alumni MBA-SCM".
Please see more details here
Based on our Alumni Survey we conducted from 2010-2014, our MBA Alumni (2010-2014) made strong career moves after their MBA:
82% of them increased responsibity (function/region/team size) and 68% increased salary after the MBA.